Sep 21, 2008

goodness

Its been forever since I posted here. Well the Farmers Market thing was awesome I had no idea how big, organized, popular it was. Ogden has done so many things to really get itself going. I am often sad when I go there and see so many things from my childhood gone, like the huge budda on the China Night or the Neon Dragon from the Start Noodle. Honestly I didn't even know if the Star Noodle was ever open my entire life. I know we never went there and it aways seemed closed.. who knows. I took pictures of all these things but where in the heck they went on my harddrive is beyond me, sometimes digital photos are like socks in the dryer they just disappear.
Anyway back to the market. I guess its been going for a number of years okay like 2 or 3 that I know of. There is a 'pecking order' amoung the sellers there as well its kind of humorous to be amoung them and see the interworkings of such an operation. I must admit I hadn't planned well so my 'display' was definitely lacking I expected a much more laid back atmostphere and if you don't have a good diplay...ya people walk on by. There is definite art to selling your wares as well. If it looks to professional people don't know if you bought it or made it even though everything there is supposed to be MADE. If it cost to much people don't buy, if it to little they don't buy... yes I did make all these observations after that one trip. Next year I will be better prepared.
laters.